It’s connection. And it makes all the difference in people’s lives.
Every day, dedicated workers are:
- Providing care and support to people living with disabilities
- Meeting the needs of families and youth in crisis
- Helping people in shelters and those without stable housing
- Providing mental health and addiction support
- And so much more to ensure the well-being of all Manitobans
That is why we continue to support these workers, the services they provide, and the Manitobans who depend on them.
Did you know…?
In their lifetime, a person being supported will have approximately 770 support workers cycle in and out of their lives.
Support agencies report 20% to 50% turnover rates for direct support professionals (DSPs).
Families with adult children with intellectual disabilities often wait more than 10 years for access to residential services.